Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Urban Livestock In Vancouver

A few weeks back I was contacted by John Manley, a senior planner for the City of Vancouver, to ask if I'd like to participate in an Urban Livestock Advisory Group. After about three seconds of intense deliberation, I accepted. We are not going to be a decision making body, merely a discussion group that will help the City explore the topic of keeping livestock in the city. Most you you may know that I was recently peripherally involved in a similar scenario with Clark County as a concerned citizen. I am looking forward to being more directly involved with this process for the City of Vancouver. One of the things we are being asked to do is to act as a "sounding board" for the concepts and proposals that come from this process. I want you all to know that I plan on representing you folks, your ideas, and your concerns to the best of my ability. I'll let you know what's going on and you let me know what you think about it. Our first meeting is next Tuesday, so I'll have more to report next week.

In the meantime I'm going to do some reading so I can get up to speed on everything and I'd like to recommend you do the same. Here's a link to the City's official web page for Urban Livestock and this process they are beginning:

Urban Livestock - Farm Animals in the City

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, sounds like an interesting job. Hope you will represent us well and do the best for Vancouver. Keep us updated.

    Best regards, Jay.

    ReplyDelete