Wednesday, August 12, 2009

**78th Street Draft Concept Plan Update**

Seems like the folks over at the County are indeed going to make a live appearance tomorrow evening at the Public Service Center information display for the 78th Street Draft Concept proposal. I know it's not much notice, but I guess we've all come to expect this sort of thing. Here's the note I just got from an "anonymous" individual here at CCF&F.

On August 13th from 5-7pm the Public Service Building will be open with staff there to answer questions about the three concepts.

Clark County Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St., Vancouver

Wish I could go, but I'm going to see rock star farmer, and agricultural pioneer Joel Salatin tomorrow. I'm sure that my not being there won't break many hearts, but I hope YOU can make it out there. If you go, be sure to ask some good questions. Let 'em know that you're not too keen on the idea of spending the money on developing a bunch of infrastructure until they figure out just how the agricultural land will be used at the site and that you're in favor of Concept I until they get a better plan for ag in place. Also, ask them if they realize that the best land available at the site for use for four season crop production is being proposed as an area of expansion for Hazel Dell Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment