Friday, October 3, 2008

A Little Home Economics - Part 1

Anyone else out there a little shaken up by the state of the economy? No? Well, you're a heck of a lot braver than I am. I'm downright nervous. Fortunately, I can always count on the wisdom of my elders to bring me solace in my darker hours. And in times of uncertainty my Dad likes to say, "Either you die or you don't, Boy." That's what I like about my Dad. No extraneous verbiage. No drawn out, tiresome analogies. Just straight to the heart of the matter.

That being said, it's always easy to see things more clearly when presented with the world from Dad's perspective. I'm fairly certain I'm not dying anytime soon.

Thanks for being such a pragmatist, Dad. I don't know what I'd do without ya'!

I'm not really much of a teacher. I just don't have the personality for it. Fortunately, the world is full of patient individuals who happen to possess extraordinary skills both as educators and in the culinary arts. Thanks to their efforts, I'm going to run a series of posts that I hope will contain some valuable information on how to get the most from your food purchases and reintroduce you to the art of preparing real, whole foods for your family. So without further adieu, I give you the first installment in the Home Economics series...Chicken Butchering 101. I'm kinda bummed that they don't start with a live chicken. But those of you who are a bit squeamish will appreciate the fact that the video demonstrates technique on a clean, anonymous carcass.

This series of three videos are the product of the charismatic cooks Bob Del Grosso and Mike Pardus from A Hunger Artist fame. Thank you for sharing your talent, gentlemen!

Chicken Butchering 101 - Part 1


Chicken Butchering 101 - Part 2


Chicken Butchering 101 - Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment