Monday, August 18, 2008

Wedding Bells Are Ringing...

So I got a call from my good friends Laura and Bill today asking me if I'd dust off my frock and officiate at their marriage ceremony in November. Many of you know Laura as a former mover and shaker at the Vancouver Farmers' market. Bill is the proprietor of Nature's Choice Wild Foods, but many of you probably know him as the Mushroom Guy from both the VFM and other local farmers' markets. What many of you may not know is that I'm a licensed minister. Pretty neat stuff, right?

Anyways, the reason I'm blogging about this is that my good friends would really like to have their ceremony at a local farm...but don't have a personal enough relationship with any of our local farmers to ask if they would be willing to rent some space in their barn (or their historic granary building...hint, hint). If any of you good folks are interested in helping out a couple of late-blooming lovebirds, who have a desire to join their families together on the fertile ground of a Clark County farm, please shoot me an e-mail and we can talk about it.

Thanks for entertaining my request and thanks for reading Clark County Food & Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment