Friday, May 15, 2009

Kimchee in the 'Couv?

I ran in to the Vancouver Asian Market down on Fourth Plain this past weekend because I was out of my one of my favorite condiments. Tuong Ot (fried garlic & ground chili paste) ...mmmmmmm. And just as I'm walking out the door I glance down the fresh produce aisle. Lo and behold! Quart sized mason jars packed with kimchee! I asked the young lady at the register if they make the kimchee themselves and she responded with a big smile and a yes. Unfortunately for me I had dashed out of the house without my wallet and had squandered the few dollars I had on chili paste and furikake (a Japanese dried seaweed & sesame seed condiment, it's great sprinkled on fish, udon, or served over eggs & rice). I'm heading back this weekend to pick up a jar of the kimchee though. Hope it's nice and spicy! If you're ever in the hood, stop by and check out the market.

Vancouver Oriental Market
(360) 693-1565
3220 E 4th Plain Blvd,
Vancouver, WA 98661

No comments:

Post a Comment