Saturday, September 27, 2008

Grocery Store Baked Bread Sucks - Pt.2

I'm sure that those of who frequent the Vancouver Farmers' Market already knew about Russell's Bread, but it's news to me. I just don't make it down there very often since many of my favorite vendors quit selling there. Today was an exception however and I'm darn glad I hit the VFM this morning. The effervescent Logan of Russell's Bread was offering up the BEST freshly baked bread that I've had on the North Bank. And I'm willing to go out on the limb and say Russell could hold his own in Portland as well.

I wish I had asked Logan more questions. Are you here every weekend? Can I go by Russell's house in the morning and get fresh loaves straight from the wood burning oven on days that your not at the market? Can I mow Russell's lawn, wash his car, or walk his dog to get my bread fix regularly? Russell lives and bakes a short distance from my house. I bet I could sniff him out at 3am some morning...

Unfortunately, since we ate our loaf at dinner tonight, all I have is the memory of wonderful bread and the hope that I'll find Logan or Russell at the market again soon. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Russell's Bread, please let me know. I'm jonesin' for more already...

No comments:

Post a Comment